About Seattle Promise
Seattle Promise launched in 2018 to create more equitable higher education opportunities for Seattle public school graduates.
The program is a promise to:
- Guide students onto a direct path from high school to college to earn a degree or certificate and enter the workforce or transfer to a four-year college or university;
- Boost career opportunities for all students, especially first-generation and under-served populations; and,
- Prepare students to participate in our region’s vibrant workforce and economy without taking on overwhelming debt.
The program provides the first two years (or up to 90 credits) of tuition, additional financial support for books, transportation, housing, etc. to those with financial need, and personal guidance to succeed in college.
All Seattle public high school graduates are eligible regardless of grade point average (GPA), income, or country of birth.
How to Apply
- Submit the Promise Application by February 1, 2021
- Submit College Admission Application (North, South, or Central) by February 1, 2021
- Submit FAFSA and WASFA Applications by April 15, 2021
Need assistance with any of the applications?
Attend an upcoming application workshop where facilitators will walk you through the application process step-by-step.
Seattle Promise Milestones will help you keep track of what you need to do!