Skip To ContentSkip To Content


    The Center School has both a Guidance Counselor and a Career Specialist to help students navigate their high school years and to assist them in preparation for college, trade school, service or employment.

    Guidance Counselor

    Karen Harmon

    Availability: Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
    She can provide information regarding progress toward graduation, credit retrieval opportunities, college admission, post-high school options, referral to community agencies for mental health, drug and alcohol counseling, etc.

    Career Specialist

    Linda Filley-Bentler
    Mondays from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
    Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
    Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

     Linda comes to us with a wealth of knowledge about careers and college planning. She can provide help with career assessment, college and career opportunities and community service opportunities. Students can feel free to make an appointment to meet with her by email or by phone. (206-252-9893)

    Testing Information

    ACT Test Dates and Information
    AP Test Dates and Information
    SAT Test Dates and Information

    • The code for The Center School is 481060. You will need to use this code for many of the registration forms that you complete.

    College Preparation

    • Are you wondering what your Junior or Senior needs to be working on to get ready for College? Students were given a College Planning Calendar that lists various activities they should be completing for each month in Junior and Senior years. Juniors should plan to register for the May or June SAT by the deadline. You or your student can pick up a copy of the College Planning Calendar on the wall near the Counseling Office.
    • Various College Representatives from around the country have scheduled time to meet with Juniors and Seniors at The Center School to let them know more detailed information about their colleges. A list of College Visitations are posted on the wall near the Counseling Office.

    Running Start

    • Students taking Running Start classes at the Community College will visit the Guidance Counselor Ms. Harmon in order to get their Running Start forms signed. Students need to have 10 credits and junior class status to enroll in Running Start.