Start of School Info and Forms
Posted: | Updated:
Fall 2021 Information
Welcome Letter from TCS Principal, Dr. Barbara Casey
Welcome Dragons to 2021-2022 school year! To start off with what’s happening in the end of August and first day of school, please read our TCS Principal, Dr. Barbara Casey’s Welcoming Letter.
Greetings Staff, Students and Families,
We are indeed in everchanging times of a pandemic that continues to create planning that must be responsive and flexible regarding the safety of our school community. Yesterday, I enthusiastically presented an overview of the new school year that included Student Orientation on August 27 from 1-3 p.m. at TCS, however, today that Orientation will not be in person as planned, but virtual due to heightened COVID precautions that dictate changing protocols in keeping everyone safe. Here’s the Teams event link info for the new virtual student orientation on Friday from 1-3.
- There were additional questions that came up from parents regarding the entrances and exits for TCS. Students enter through the Southwest doors of the Starbucks (from the monorail) or the Armory entrance up the west walkway from the Memorial Parking lot on 5th and Harrison. There are additional entry doors around the perimeter of the Armory building, which is the beige building near the playground, west across from MoPop and west across from Memorial stadium.
- Lunch on September 1st (first day of school) will be provided by the CSCA parent community and will consist of pizza and drinks. Students are always welcome to bring a lunch.
- Orca cards will be dispersed on the first day of school via the attendance office.
- Student planners will be given out during the first week of school in classrooms.
- Computers (laptops) will have a $25 fee attached to the form for deployment during the first week of school.
- All forms that need to be returned can be sent electronically to Ms. Tracey at email@example.com or returned to her at the front desk.
- Masks are mandatory.
- Students will get schedules on the 1st day of school, Sept. 1st.
- I invite you to check out the link to your new school community: https://centerhs.seattleschools.org/
- Subscribe to the DragonFire Newsletter for the latest updates on school and community events: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flexibility, safety, and patience are crucial as we navigate a dynamic reopening of school.
Thank you everyone. Welcome.
Dr. Barbara L. Casey
Principal at The Center School
School Schedule and Schedule Change Request Form
School schedules is available through The Source and can also be picked up at the front desk from Ms. Lott. If you are wanting to change your course(s), please complete the Schedule Change Request Form and email it to, TCS Counselor, Ms. Hayes. Ms. Hayes will notify you via email once the schedule is altered and has been processed (*utilize the form only if changes needed for graduation or other extenuating circumstances*).
Laptop Disbursement and Fee
Laptops will be provided for students if needed. Please complete the Laptop Device Agreement Form below and bring it with you on the first day of school. For Laptop Fee, parents need to pay for their student lap top on School Pay. Please click the second hyperlink below.
*Student who did not return the laptops – please return your laptop for reimaging. We have the list of laptops that were returned*
Start of School Forms
Students can bring lunches, buy lunches in the Food Court, pick-up lunches at Ms. Webb’s front office for students on Free and Reduced Lunch and eat in the Food Court, balcony, outside or in the Commons. If you need FRL, please complete the online FRL form ( by click the button below) as it is still necessary to receive other benefits such as reduced/waived fees and other financial assistance.
All SPS high school students will receive an ORCA card. The district will send a transportation form/one day bus pass to be used for the first day of school. Be sure your student brings the signed transportation form to school on the first day to be exchanged for their ORCA card. For transportation questions please call the SPS Transportation department at (206) 252-0900.
Seattle Public Schools encourages parents, family members, organizations, businesses, and other community members to volunteer with us! Please view the link below for more information.
Health and Safety
Every classroom has emergency protocols that include:
- Hand sanitation supplies and wipes.
- There will NOT be daily SPS attestations for students or staff; however, there will be attestations for visitors and vendors. Face masks are mandatory, so please provide your students with face masks. We will have additional face masks if needed in classrooms and at the front desk.
- COVID test kits for no contact testing for staff and students.
- Students and Staff should practice social distancing at least 3 feet as indicated, but please know that classes are full, and we are working on obtaining additional staffing to add class sections. TCS will not have student shadowing this year given the instability of the pandemic variants.
Please visit the Health & Safety Highlights below for more information.